Did you do a project on your sailboat last year that you’re particularly proud of? Or did you make an ingenious improvement that you’d like to share with other skippers? I’ve received comments and emails from many of you who rolled up your sleeves and took on DIY projects large and small, simple and complex. Now’s your turn to show off some of your hard work for a chance to win prizes and worldwide acclaim!
Starting today and running through March 31, 2017, you can enter your best restoration or improvement project in the Stingy Sailor DIY Project Contest.
The top four entries will be awarded prizes from our generous contest sponsors:
- First Place – West System 105-B resin (1 qt.) & 207-SB special clear hardener (.33 gal.) epoxy kit ($187.94 value) and a one-year digital or online subscription to Good Old Boat magazine ($39.95 value).
- Second Place – Sailrite gift certificate ($100 value) and a one-year digital or online subscription to Good Old Boat magazine ($39.95 value).
- Third Place – Catalina 22 pop-in sleeve mastgate ($59.95 value) from mastgates.com and a one year digital or online subscription to Good Old Boat magazine ($39.95 value).
- Fourth Place – Winner’s choice of any $tingy Sailor eBook (up to $20 value) and a one year digital or online subscription to Good Old Boat magazine ($39.95 value).
The requirements are simple. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes ALL of the following:
- Year, make, and model of your sailboat.
- What your project was about and what products you used.
- When you did the project and how long the project took. Only completed projects may be entered, no work still in progress.
- Approximate total cost of the parts and materials.
- At least one high-quality picture of the result. Additional pictures and video can increase your score.
- Your full name, telephone number, and mailing address for prize delivery.
Besides the prizes, the First Place project will also be featured in a future blog post for the whole world to admire—which comes with major bragging rights for the winner!
Yours truly will personally judge each entry based on the following criteria (in no particular order):
- Innovation – How clever and creative is it?
- Economy – Not necessarily lowest cost, but the most bang for the buck.
- Utility – How useful is it? Does it enhance sailing enjoyment, comfort, convenience, or safety?
- Craftsmanship – How much skill did you use?
- Presentation – Quality of the entry text, photos, or video.
Be sure to read the complete contest rules for the nitty gritty details. And please share this post on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, your favorite sailing websites, or with your friends by email. The more people that enter, the better.
Now get busy and enter your projects. I’m looking forward to seeing what YOU have been doing!
This contest is possible because of the generous contributions of the following sponsors. Support them because they support you!
Would you like to be notified when I publish more posts like this? Enter your email address below to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. You will also receive occasional newsletters with exclusive info and deals only for subscribers and the password to the Downloads page. It’s free and you can unsubscribe at any time but almost nobody does!